Movie Making Madness

Friday, March 6, 2009

A long time ago, I used to create my own mini-movies, along with soundtracks that I had created with my trusty Yamaha Portasound. I would write short stories and convert them to movie format, the subject being, of course, paranormal thrillers. For the longest time now, I've really wanted to get back into it, but have deferred because it seemed such a difficult, daunting undertaking. But, I guess the other day, I thought, "It can't really be that hard to do, can it?" So I started downloading all of these cool programs and utilities - video editing, sound editing and animation software - and did some experimenting. And, guess what, it was much easier than I anticipated.

So, for the next few weeks I think I'll be starting on a mini-movie based on one of my older short stories, entitled Beyond Life. I'm not going to reveal any part of the plot regarding that, as it's better that way. When it's done I'll post it here as a special feature. (I'd put it on the Inspired Inkpot blog, only the place I uploaded the graphics for the layout decided to delete everything!) When they're done, I'll be placing them on this blog as "special features".

Some of the other projects I have planned, as part of this "movie making madness", are documentaries and docu-dramas about various paranormal topics. They won't be the investigative work that I do occasionally, more like some of the research that I've conducted into the paranormal over the years, including some photographs and video footage I've taken. We're all really excited here about these particular projects, as you can imagine.

It's something to strive towards and look forward to.

0 comments: